The Nasdaq iShares Biotechnology Index (IBB) has recently been on an uptrend, touching its 52-week high off the open this morning. The ETF rose more than 1.86% during Tuesday morning’s trading, setting the stage for several other biotech stocks to follow its lead.
Furthermore, several other ETF’s tracking the sector were on the move during this morning’s session. The Health Care SPDR (XLV) recorded new highs while the S&P Biotech ETF (XBI) and NASDAQ Biotechnology Index (NBI) opened green. Many companies are also following the recent uptrend in the sector.
Biotech Stocks that hit fresh 52-week highs on Aug. 27, 2018
- Abbott Laboratories (ABT)
- Ascendis Pharma A/S (ASND)
- AtriCure Inc. (ATRC)
- Avanos Medical Inc (AVNS)
- Becton Dickinson and Co (BDX)
- Codexis, Inc. (CDXS)
- Eli Lilly And Co (LLY)
- Emergent Biosolutions Inc (EBS)
- Endocyte, Inc. (ECYT)
- Illumina, Inc. (ILMN)
- Inogen Inc (INGN)
- Inspire Medical Systems Inc (INSP)
- Intuitive Surgical, Inc. (ISRG)
- Ligand Pharmaceuticals Inc. (LGND)
- Neurocrine Biosciences, Inc. (NBIX)
- ResMed Inc. (RMD)
- Tandem Diabetes Care Inc (TNDM)
- Verastem Inc (VSTM)
Biotech stocks can make jaw dropping moves contingent on data from clinical trials, if a position is taken at the right time. As biotech sector continues to trend higher, here are a few clinical stage biotechs to watch that have linked up with Big Pharma.